Gracebridge Alliance is a Christian service community whose beliefs and values are deeply rooted in the biblical narrative. The scriptures declare and witness to the world concerning God’s great love for all – a love so great that sacrificed His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, on our behalf and that whosoever would believe in His Son would have life eternal.
- God is revealed to us in nature (the created world), through our bodies (Imago Dei – His image bearers), in the Revelation of Word (Scripture), and most fully and completely through the Word made flesh (His Son Jesus Christ).
- Because of Jesus we understand God to be existing eternally in a communion of relationship: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The vital journey of soul development is made possible and real to us because of the gift and presence of the Holy Spirit in this world.
- Our communion with the Godhead through Christ is both the purpose and direction for our lives, as well as our means to living life to the fullest.
- Our transformation, sanctification, spiritual formation and spiritual growth are best understood not primarily as rigid principles or commands to follow, but descriptions of the soul’s vital journey toward God and in communion with God.
- Understanding our own journey and how it has been influenced and shaped at all times and in varying degrees by the world, the flesh and the enemy is central to our changing and growing in communion with God.
- It is only in surrender and faith-filled communion with God that we can live deeply-spiritual and rightly-ordered lives within this world.
- We need each other, in the community of faith, to grow and live faithfully in this world.
Our Shared Profession of Faith:
We believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended into hell.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen